Who Are We?
Established in 1975, Gainsborough has evolved from a small residential letting business into an award winning Property Development Company. Gainsborough Developments is based in Egginton and the company directors are local to Etwall.
Chave Planning is a Derby-based, independent town planning consultancy assisting Gainsborough Property with the planning process for the proposed development.
What are we proposing?
It is proposed to make an outline planning application for development comprising the following residential uses:
Elderly persons care home
A 60-bed care home for elderly people would be developed to meet the needs of the increasing older population in Etwall.
Over-55s residential development
13 bungalows and 12 apartments would be developed to provide housing specifically for people aged over 55. The properties would have 1 and 2 bedrooms and would be based around a ‘gatehouse’ building and open space providing a multi-purpose hub, site office, coffee shop and a bowling practice green. This could be used for a ‘Live at Home’ scheme for elderly people.
Self-build housing plots
27 self-build housing plots would be made available so that local people have the chance to build their own home.
Click on the pictures to see larger versions
Click on the links below to see the draft plans of the development:
Did you know?
• In 2011 the proportion of adults aged over 55 in Etwall was 47%, compared to 17% in South Derbyshire overall.
• Between 2011 and 2031 there is forecast to be a 55% increase in the number of people aged over 55 living in South Derbyshire.
• The current pipeline of housing supply only includes 3% housing for elderly people.
• The proposals will be of high quality design, with control over the design of the self-build plots through a design code.
• Trees and the stone wall along the site frontage will be retained.
• The development will not increase surface water runoff from the site and so it will not exacerbate flooding problems in Etwall.
• If any improvements to the sewerage system and sewage treatment works are required to provide capacity for the proposed development then these will be carried out before the development is occupied.
• Gainsborough Developments will take in to account feedback received in response to this consultation when finalising the proposals in the outline planning application.
What do you think of the proposals? Are there any other commitments that you think would be important? Please provide your feedback using the comment form below.